Getting a mortgage these days is no simple task. Lenders are stricter than they have been in the past, and there’s a lot of terminology that might seem foreign to you.
When you are going through the process of getting a mortgage (whether for a purchase or a refinance), we will be in a partnership together through that process. We think it’s important that, as partners, we all have a good understanding of what is going to happen, and how.
That’s why we have created this video series, Homebuying 101. Some of what you’ll see in these eighteen videos may be familiar to you, but we hope you’ll learn some new things that will demystify the mortgage process and help you get through it with as little stress as possible.
Each one of the videos in Homebuying 101 is a concise explanation of one important aspect of buying a home and getting mortgage financing. You’ll learn about closing costs and how to handle them, how to figure out how to get lender rebates to help cut the costs of your purchase, how to win at the rate shopping game, and a lot more.
We hope you enjoy this program as much as we enjoyed producing it for you.
So let’s dive right in and start at the beginning, with the Introduction.
Senior Loan Officer
For Quick Access to a Video, see below
- Part 1: Getting Your Ducks in a Row
- Part 2: Avoiding Pitfalls with Your Loan Application
- Part 3: Getting Pre-Approved
- Part 4: How Your Loan Gets Approved
- Part 5: Points Rebates and Fees
- Part 6: Pricing Adjustments
- Part 7: Moving Rates
- Part 8: How to Shop for Your Loan
- Part 9: Closing Costs
- Part 10: What is an Escrow, Anyway?
- Part 11: Your Appraisal
- Part 12: Locking Your Rate
- Part 13: When Your Cash Is Limited
- Part 14: Solving the FICO Score Mystery
- Part 15: Solving the Mystery of the APR
- Part 16: Goodbye